The Unrefined Shea Butter Difference
Shea butter, also known as Karite butter, is a natural paste that is extracted from the fruit of the Shea tree found mainly in Western Africa. When pure and unrefined, it has a yellowish texture and offers a nutty fragrance. Shea butter has been used for more than a millennium for its proven moisturizing and healing properties and, is at the core of all Arbre de Vie products.
Prized for its ingredients and innate properties, Shea butter contains a profusion of proteins, vitamins, minerals and a unique fatty acid. In order to reap the most benefits out of Shea butter, it is best to use it unrefined as it loses some of its key healing properties during the refining process.
The Arbre de Vie bodycare line offer true Shea butter products. We use only pure unrefined Shea butter that we import directly from Mali and we use generous amounts of it. The results are remarkable: Arbre de Vie not only moisturizes beautifully, our products also help treat your skin and hair.
The Wonders of Unrefined Shea Butter
Shea butter is a superb moisturizer that is commonly used to rejuvenate skin pores and restore its natural elasticity. It is very gentle, even for the most sensitive skins, and offers a wealth of properties:
- Moisturizes and Heals Skin - relieves symptoms of extreme dryness, eczema, dermatitis and skin allergies
- Improves Skin Elasticity - helps prevent stretch marks and wrinkles
- Helps Heal Skin Ailments - irritations due to shaving or waxing, bruises, burns and scars
- Provides Decongestant Properties
- Offers Anti-inflammatory Agents - can be applied to areas affected by arthritis, joint pains, or other muscular ache
- Strengthens Cuticles and Nails
- Revitalizes and Brings Shine to Dry Dull Hair
- Protects With a Natural Sunscreen (SPF 2-6)
Try Arbre de Vie products and notice your skin become softer and stay moisturized longer.
Experience Unrefined Shea butter.